A milestone in urban wireless Electric Road Systems
In September 2020, Electreon partnered with the city of Tel Aviv and the Dan Bus Company to create its first operational, public wireless Electric Road System (wERS) for the urban environment in Israel.
This wireless Electric Road project includes a wireless electric charging station at the Tel Aviv University Train Station bus terminal, which charges the stationary e-bus when passengers are boarding and disembarking the vehicle. This charging strategy makes optimal use of idle time at the first stop of the route to charge the bus.
Tel Aviv University Station results
The newly electrified bus line creates a seamless, multimodal public transport experience for students traveling between Tel Aviv University Train Station and the nearby Ramat Aviv neighborhood. It also offers a viable alternative to the use of private vehicles in an already congested area. The project includes wireless dynamic charging on the Electric Road as well as stationary electric bus charging to reduce service downtime.
- Construction start date: September 2020
- Operation start date: March 2021
- Project status: Ongoing
- Application: Urban public transportation
- Vehicle type: Electric bus with 42 kwh supercapacitor technology
- Roadway length: 700 meters, part of 5 km circular bus route and a wireless charging station for stationary charging